These tasks need to be completed before a 4.2 release.
- Modify default configuration to use the session manager -- DONE
- More keyboards control config
- Always on top for the window -- DONE
- Window without border and button and title
- make panel and items real gtk widgets [4.4]
- improve panel behaviour related to movement and position [DONE]
- Allow multiple panels (?) [4.4]
- Load panel plugins on demand; Unload when unused. [DONE]
- Create panel lib to ease module creation. [4.4]
- Better enforce API versioning. Plugins should be manually updated, not automatically after a recompile.
- Move to GMarkup xml parsing (?) [DONE for settings]
- Move utility functions to libs, specifically executing programs [DONE]
- Internationalize date format for clock tooltip
- DONE: support the freedesktop shared mime info standard -- botsie
- Mount Samba shares
- Add an icon-browsing for File Manager (like konqueror/windows), because the tree is not always good... This should be quite simple because gtk 2.6 has an icon view widget.
- Expand .tar, .tar.gz files, allowing doubleclick action and dnd from.
- Allow double click action on remote SMB files
- Add a way to launch xfce-setting-show from within xffm
- Add file time options for fgr (already in xfglob, just a matter of window elements)
- Add menu entry tools->mount->[un]mount fstab entries
- Catch remote process errors after doubleclick (xftree signalling does not work in FreeBSD)
- Sort method and icon size should be saved from session to session for each directory (trivial using dbh)
- Remove glade generate gui code to optimize and enable the following:
- buttons with popdown menu buttons (as in Autocad)
- ability for user to configure toolbar
- Enable inner gtktreeview dnd to rearrange or hide main branches (I don't know if it is even possible yet)
- move to xfce-utils (?)
- show calendar on clock's "on-click" event (like in KDE) -- DONE
- Make the use of TCP ports an option (Currently opened without notice) -- DONE
- implement caching for the autogenerated desktop menu
- find a new and better solution to allowing xplanet, etc. to draw on the desktop
- wallpaper change on time
- One wallpaper by virtual desktop
Add other modules similarly
- zacay, I moved your request to WishList, where it belongs -- Jasper
Please do not delete items from this list unless they are wrong or meaningless. Completed items should be marked DONE.