Changes between Xfce4.0 rc4 and 4.0 final
- system tray fix
- better support for non-EMWH compliant programs
- Old 32 item limit for the panel removed
Changes between Xfce4 rc3 and Xfce4 rc4
- Window management improvements for applications using older toolkits like motif or tk
- Icon scaling in te panel was improved
- Several small fixes in the file manager
Changes between Xfce4.0 rc2 and Xfce4.0 rc3
- Fix a number of hard to find window management bugs.
- Fix menubutton and iconbutton behaviour in libxfcegui4: no more flicker and unnecessary resizing.
- Some fixes for autohide and reorientation of the panel
- New default configuration for the panel
- Use Xfce gtk theme by default
- Improved handling of fullscreen windows.
- Fixes to notification area/system tray implementation
- Change buttons for desktop mouse menu: right click opens menu, middle click opens window list
- Updated documentation
Changes between Xfce4.0 rc1 and Xfce4.0 rc2
- Fix a small window management bug that showed up on rare occasions.
- Panel plugin API was changed again to prevent old plugins from crashing the panel. Older plugins will no longer work with the panel.
- Fixed size problems with the iconbox
- Several translation updates.
Changes between beta2 and Xfce4.0 rc1
- many internal library changes. This means that applications that link against libxfcegui4 must be recompiled against the new library.
- new 'separator' item for the panel
- 'revert' functionality removed from panel item dialogs. External panel plugins must be updated by their author or they may cause problems. All panel plugins must be recompiled.
- columns in file manager reorderable by dragging the headers
- tab completion on input boxes in the file manager
- window manager stores session info, when using a session manager
- xrandr support for the window manager
- improved handling of special window hints
- many bugfixes and general improvements
Changes between beta1 and beta2
- major improvements in Xinerama support
- new themes for the panel, based on SVG icons
- new packages have been added from xfce4-extras
- xfce4-systray : a notification area for the panel
- xfce4-themes : icon themes for the panel
- by default, the panel is not focused anymore when you switch the focus using Alt+Tab keyboard shorcut
- the panel now allows you to specify a directory as launcher, that opens up the file manager (xffm) directly on it
- new UI layout for the mcs settings dialogs, much better looking
- xfce4-tips now includes several useful "tips and tricks"
- several bug-fixes for Solaris